General Dentistry in Toronto
Bloor Dufferin Dental Centre
General and restorative dentistry involves the diagnosis of all issues relating to the health and function of the smile, including the treatment and repair of broken, infected, or otherwise damaged teeth, gums, and tissue. Bloor Dufferin Dental Centre serve as the primary care provider for their patients, managing their oral health care needs and coordinating treatment with specialists when necessary.
There are a variety of services that can be performed by a general dentist, including everything from preventative care to the replacement of missing teeth. Explore this page for a brief overview of general dentistry treatment:
General and Restorative Dentistry Procedures
The following is a brief description of dental health issues that fall under the heading of general and restorative dentistry. Click on the links for more in-depth information about each subject.
- Dental Implants - an ideal solution for patients missing teeth. Implants are permanently set in the jaw and affixed with replacement teeth, preventing painful shifting in the mouth.
- Dental Crowns - when a tooth is severely damaged or decayed, dental crowns act as a protective cover, strengthening the tooth and reinforcing the jaw.
- Dental Bridges - for one or more missing teeth, dental bridges literally "bridge the gap" between remaining teeth, stabilizing the jaw by surrounding those teeth with attractive crowns.
- Dentures - replacing one or more teeth is easier than ever before with the multitude of denture alternatives available to patients. Dentures are now more comfortable and affordable than ever before.
- Root Canal - infected tissues in the tooth pulp can cause severe pain and eventually lead to tooth loss. Root canal therapy is designed to remove infected tissue with the goal of saving the tooth.
- Gum Disease - periodontal disease is characterized by swollen, tender, or bleeding gums. Both early and advanced periodontal disease can be treated with both surgical and non-surgical therapy.
- Full-Mouth Reconstruction